Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What are the Choices?

         I'm currently leading a Bible Study for the 7th grade girls at our school (EBA). We meet on Tuesdays, and today is the third week. Today's lesson is "Becoming Wise: Choices". It seems to imply that our choices are one thing that determines how wise we are. Who doesn't want to be wise? I do! Good choices in small decisions lead to good choices in big decisions. This stuff is good not only for 7th graders, but for everyone, no matter what age! We sometimes forget we have choices. We let life happen and play it by ear. But you'll never be truly fulfilled in life or become who God intends if you just let life happen to you. Colossians 2:9 says "Don't let others spoil your faith and joy with their philosophies, wrong and shallow answers based on men's thoughts and ideas, instead of on what Christ has said." (LB)...wow, we do that sometimes, don't we? I know I am guilty of letting others influence my decisions sometime! As a kid, teenager, or adult, we should always be asking ourselves, "Am I acting like the person I want to be? The person God intends for me to be?"
          One of my favorite verses from today's study is Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" Why have I not noticed that verse in the Bible before? My decisions should be so simple! I'm going to do better at listening...to God...I want to be the person He intends for me to be!

Love, Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment